Friday, June 8, 2007

reality bites

it hasn't quite bitten yet, though, but it's been nibbling away and it's really only a matter of time...

i got home to michigan to find that my old room had been redone for my sister and her new husband. makes sense. it's the biggest of the unoccupied rooms, and has it's own adjoining bathroom, so, more privacy for the newlyweds. and i haven't lived in it for years...but still...and the extra bed in with "the little girls" is taken too, leaving me on the couch...i can't help but see visions of lydia from pride and prejudice telling her older sisters that she had usurped their social position by getting married first.

and jacque and i moved all her stuff out of her apartment, packed it up in my car, and carted it back here. so with nickie living in salt lake now, i am painfully aware that the brinkerhoff sisters trio which has been in residence in provo for years has now been broken up, and i'm back on my own. which is kind of nice, but kind of lonely feeling.

i let jamba know which will my last day of work. i got a couple of packets from the gonzaga school of law this week, with registration information and stuff...t-shirt... and my grandma started telling me how she's getting my room ready for me. egyptian cotton sheets. mmm. (anybody wanna help me try 'em out? ...scandalous, i know... just couldn't help myself...) i am painfully aware that i will be entirely unable to fit anywhere near all of my belongings in my car, however, so there are some details that still need to be worked out.

so, as these last few months in provo turn into my last few weeks, i begin to feel a strange set of feelings, most of which ought to be preceeded by adjectives like "impending"... doom?... yep, that's it. the end of life as i know it. hopefully i'll manage to get a new one that's worth having given up on the old one...

*sigh*

so if you feel, as i have these past few years, that all your friends are leaving you, and i'm one of the friends who is leaving you... sorry. time to go start my new life.

and for all those of you who've suggested an alternate solution involving marriage and various numbers of children: thanks. i have of course seriously considered that option. unfortunately it turns out that option requires the involvement of another individual, male in my case, and i haven't yet found a willing participant. however, if at any time it should become an actual possibility i'll let you know if i decide to try it. ;)

in the mean time, i'm going to try out that whole studying thing, and you all can start thinking up some good lawyer jokes... :)

No comments: