Saturday, June 23, 2007

"sometimes you just need a little human contact"

i grew up in a family of "touchy" people. we hug and kiss a lot and don't have personal space. i mean that in the most normal, healthy, non-freakish way possible.

but my sisters both moved out of provo recently, and most of my close friends are married or missionaries, and though i keep in contact, it's the letters/facebook kind: non-physical contact. and i'm starting to feel some negative side-effects. like, i recently saw a friend for the first time in a long time, and was seriously upset when there was no "hello" hug. i honestly think that my upbringing has programmed me to equate physical proximity with friendship and acceptance. (or, conversely, physical distance with emotional distance and rejection.)

so, can you guys and gals give me some lovin'? geez! i'm feeling really rejected and lonely lately, and if you could just stand a little less far away, and maybe give me some friendly hugs once in a while that would make me feel a whole lot better.

No comments: