Tuesday, June 26, 2007

story time

i am vaguely acquainted with a guy named paul. i could easily be better acquained with him, but for a variety of reasons i have specifically avoided this. let me tell you why...

so, a couple months ago amber brought this guy, paul, over to our apartment. shortly thereafter he became amber's NCMO buddy. she of course got a bit too attached. (she's a girl, so that's basically inevitable.) he then introduced her to another "friend" of his (= NCMO buddy). amber and this other girl got along pretty well, since they were both in the same situation. and then the three of them would hang out. that's weird for them. at my apartment. that's weird for me. and amber would talk to me about it all the time. she was all freaked out, for obvious reason, yet the whole thing was obviously dumb and pointless. then he started cuddling with andie. one night i came home to find all four of them at my apartment. andie asked me about a friend who was coming back to provo soon. and then paul told me that if i needed some practice before my friend got home that he'd be happy to help. i assured him that i didn't, and hightailed it outta there. amber freaked out later that night about him and andie, and finally admitted that paul was a punka$$ and showed surprising strength in deleting him from her phone, facebook, myspace, whatev. cutting off all contact. this didn't last very long of course b/c he still had her number, and knew her friends, etc.

in the meantime, andie, who has a really bad track record as far as getting mixed up with the most douchebaggy retarded guys available, started hanging out with paul even more.

so, i came home from work tonight to find paul, amber, and the other chick, in my apartment watching a movie. what the crap?!

and of course he's also "friends" with a girl i work with. not just any girl, but the most annoying, weird, and incapable chick in the joint.

for the first time in my life, i believe that jerry springer is real and not staged.

seriously, though...this guy is a total sleeze. he's got a whole harem full of the most insecure, vulnerable girls he can find. i'm surprised he hasn't moved down to southern utah and made it a more permanent arrangement.

even though i've managed to get myself into some less-than-perfect situations, it makes me feel good that i'm not desperate enough to take this loser up on his offer. not yet anyway...

1 comment:

Dave said...

Grrr...I don't want Paul anywhere near the girls I know. Grrr...this really peeves me.

May I lay the smack down on him?