Wednesday, August 8, 2007

kendall patrick payne

i freaking love facebook cuz it helps me get back in touch with old friends. most recently i'm freaking happy about the fact that my friend pat found me. he was one of my best guy friends in high school. i think he is one of the few guys who has actually called me on the phone to ask me on a date. that sounds weird, but it seems like now-a-days guys are too scared to go about things the old fashioned way and just call them up and do it. haha...but i think his mom told me that he was kind of freaking out about it. but i'm glad he did it anyway. one of the few people in high school who took me on a date as a first choice and not a last-resort-substitute. maybe the only one. we never really dated, and he did have some other girlfriends, but i just adored the kid, and probably had a pretty big-ish crush on him too. the kind where you know you're just friends, but you wonder about the potential aspect. anyway, he moved away and i haven't seen him in forever. but, haha, i used to have dreams about him sometimes. that he'd move up to the Y. usually kind of out of the blue, but they always made me so happy that it might happen. but never did. sad day. and then he wrote and told me that he finally might. but i'm leaving now. bummer.

but anyway...ode to pat... i remember our double date with bonnie (pat's sister) and anthony (who counts as a brother in pat's family and mine :). went to go see the movie entrapment. according to imdb this must have been apr/mar 1999...long time ago... we also went to the brian setzer concert with our friends tom and tasha. so much fun. we danced and danced, and then got this flyer for this swing club and went and danced some more. those are some golden memories for me. then pat got a girlfriend. bummer for me, but she seemed nice, so i was happy for him. he still gave me a foot massage after work this one time at a party...haha...random memories...sweet guy. haha, bonnie, anthony, tom, and tasha are all married now, and most of them have babies too. weird. life is good sometimes. i need to spend more time remembering happy things.

No comments: