Tuesday, July 3, 2007

sometimes He lets it rain so we can grow

monday is P-day, which means sammie's mom forwards me her weekly emails. which is fun.

i was a little bummed tonight, sort of just wondering what to do with myself, and i went to the mailbox and *eek* there was a letter from her too! yay! the emails are fun, but letters just for me are better.

i feel like they're even better than church. not that church isn't important, but the best-friend-as-missionary is great b/c she's spiritually "in the zone" AND she knows me and knows just how to comfort and encourage me, and make me feel just so great.

*sigh* it's hard to think that i won't be here when she gets back. but she says she'll come visit me in washington. i hope she does. it seems like people (myself included) always say stuff like that, but it never really happens.

but sammie's right. the rain can be hard and make things kind of hazy, but we need the sunshine and the rain. it's been hard without her, but i'm glad she went. we've both grown a lot, and that's happy.

No comments: