Thursday, October 9, 2008

lunch with captain moroni

so, when i first moved to seattle i was really good at reading my scriptures every day. probably because i had no friends and spent most of my time at home by myself. but then i started to get a little busier and i decided that i wasn't being as diligent as i wanted, so i determined that i would take my scriptures to work and read during my lunch break. and i love it! traditionally i've been a "before i go to bed" person, but reading during the day is really cool. it's such a nice break from the hectic stuff at work, and it's so awesome to get to feel the spirit every day in the midst of life and...i dunno, just everything. plus, i feel like my mind is already more alert at work and i think i pay attention to things that i might not otherwise notice when i read when i'm tired or something.

anyway, i've been reading in alma this week and it's pretty awesome. i know, i'm behind the sunday school reading... but at the rate i'm going it will still be way before the end of the year when i finish the BoM for the...um...i lost count how many times...10th? 12th? oh well... my triple is pretty beat up, but i just can't part with this set of scriptures cuz i've had them forever and all my stuff is marked! and i'm not quite the scriptorian that i was in seminary in high school so i'm afraid i'd be lost without my own familiar set... but in a good way... :D

No comments: