Friday, March 7, 2008

if you keep believing then i'll keep on being

you write the lie you'd like to be
when your life's a book you wouldn't read


i've been happier lately. i'm finally starting to feel like my life is worth living again...today when class was out i was so excited that it's spring break and i have some time to finally get things together and sort things out...clean out my room, and my car...my mind and my heart... but sometimes i feel like i'm just fooling myself. it's hard not to give up on now and try to live for the future, but i think that's what i usually do, and the problem with that is that whatever it is i'm waiting for never seems to come. so i try to be happy with now, and sometimes it's okay, but other times it's just hard.

can you tell why my intentions always wind up near misses...
there's the promise and the shell of great beginnings seldom finished


my friend was all upset because this guy she kind of dated just got engaged, and so i was going to go over and cheer her up, but then this guy that she's been hanging out with was going to come over, so she didn't need me anymore. i tried to call some other people and find something to do, but it didn't really work, and so here i am at home alone again. i don't mind being alone. i don't mind when people have other things to do. i'm not so egotistical as to think that i'm everyone's best friend and first priority. but i do feel like crap when people who i think are my friends ignore me on purpose and can't even bother to tell me they have better things to do. that hurts. i hurt.

there's citrus groves where no one knows the fruit of truth from evil
and a long walk on a short pier means nothing more than swimming here
there's an end but we don't get to choose. we can only lose.
if i cried a river just for you
would you swim in it some sunny afternoon?


oh well. tomorrow's another day, right?

No comments: