Monday, February 4, 2008

day of birth

there was a note from my g-ma on the counter this morning saying she had to take a friend somewhere but would be back tomorrow night, and she was sorry she wouldn't get to see me on my birthday. but, i figured that would be okay cuz jody and i had been plotting a way for me to try and get some stuff going with this one guy and having the house to myself might work out nicely. i wore my favorite sweater, and my birthday necklace (someone got me a present!), but i didn't do my hair so i think i kind of looked ugly. oh well. i skipped my first class and went to lunch with jody, and then after school i stayed at the library for a while. i had a couple messages, one from my old roommate sam and one from my sister nicole and called them back in the car on my way to FHE. i called my parents cuz i hadn't heard from them yet and it was getting late. my dad gave me some news from my ward at home, and asked my mom if she wanted to talk, but she was tired and going to bed. yeah...my own parents forgot it was my birthday. oh well, they might remember tomorrow or something maybe. i didn't remind them, cuz it seems like a weird thing to point out to parents... went to FHE and tried to pull some tricks with that guy, but he was sweaty and went home to take a shower, but would maybe come by and hang out...i waited for a couple hours, but finally gave up. i feel kind of funny cuz i took lots of medicine for my back today but didn't eat much and it still kind of hurt anyway... but i should be getting some better painkillers tomorrow i think...
it's good that i have facebook cuz having like 30 people say happy birthday virtually almost makes up for your own parents forgetting...and i finally got a letter back from my sister in the mtc, so that was a good present. so, yeah...sigh...i'm cold...and feeling a little lonely in my empty house...

No comments: