Tuesday, December 25, 2007

they say your head can be a prison

Baby, seasons change but people don't.
And I'm always there waiting in the back room.
I'm boring but...
Wouldn't you rather be a widow than a divorcee?


coming home is great. going to church is great. but going to church at home is funny. i know i shouldn't be thinking about fall out boy songs in church, but the lyrics just sort of popped into my mind as i sat there before sacrament meeting. i've been the "old maid" of the ward for a while, but as i get older it becomes more apparent as everyone else gets married and the age differential between myself and the other single people continues to grow. the next oldest single girl is quite a few years younger than me. but, she's only single cuz she's divorced. still, it occurred to me that i'd rather be 26 and an "old maid" than a 22-year-old divorcee (or widow, for that matter). sitting in relief society near my old young women's president is cool, but back then her oldest daughter was maybe 9 or 10 years old, and now she's sitting there in relief society with us. crazy.
still, i may not always be glad about the way my life seems to be going, but i suppose i still have enough to be grateful for and enough reasons to be glad that i'm myself instead of somebody else. of course if God got the whim to turn me into a supermodel i'd probably go along with that one pretty quickly...

1 comment:

scribbler said...

Supermodel sounds great! But all the guys are only interested in my body now, not who I really am. And every Tom,Dick and Harry is trying to make time with me. It's insesant and it's getting frustrating. No one really cares about me, the person I am inside, the real me. Yeah he says he loves me but I can't help worrying that if I was in a car accident and disfigured my face or crippled my self that suddenly Mr. Don Juan my true love would suddenly say seeya and be off to greener shallower pastures. And as a supermodel I struggle with crushing the hearts and egos of the
few truly "nice guys" who always fall for me and who I'm just not interested in. It's so difficult to let them down easy that I end up in exhaustion just being cold and rude to them. I don't like to but it's so draining. Why can't I just be average or kind of attractive. I'm starting to wear grungy clothes and go without makeup just to keep the flies away and try to live with a degree of peace. And that's sad because ever since I was little I've always loved playing dress-up and now it just complicates life. I wish I could get a little peace and find someone who liked me for me and not my looks. Let's not even talk about getting old and what happens as I lose my looks and become a grandma. Will the guy who thinks I'm hot today want to grow old with me or see me pregnant and fat?
For my two cents Bridgette, I think you are beautiful, take it from me,being a supermodel isn't what it's cracked up to be. Sure it has it's advantages, but there are plenty of downsides too.